Welcome to the Scottish Lifesciences Association
The Scottish Lifesciences Association, comprising 110 member companies, is the voice of Scottish life sciences to Government and the wider community. Working through our 11 Special Interest Groups, we help our members to grow their businesses, as well as engaging with Government to grow the overall sector in Scotland.
Download the description of the partnership in Scotland between the life sciences sector and the NHS, the Statement of Intent for Innovation and Health
Link to the Government's Life Sciences Scotland Website
- Advocacy of life sciences as a key sector within Scottish Government economic policy
- Ensuring that Scotland's business environment encourages increasing life sciences activity
- Driving progress through our 11 Special Interest Groups on finance & investment; diagnostics & medtech; medicines; business development; innovation; cell therapies; digital health; regulatory & quality; and animal health
- Partnership events to debate and influence key issues with government bodies and other stakeholders.
- Flagship events: SLA Annual Members Meeting and Dinner in October.
- Access through SLA Investment Tutorial Programme to expert advice on business start up, financing and investment, growth, merger & acquisition, and exit strategies.
- Access to best practice advice and information sharing between members.
- Informal networking events around Scotland to encourage business to business interaction.
- Flow of information and commentary on life sciences industry news
- Contact with UK Government and regulators on UK life sciences issues